“I love you, water. I don’t want you to go. I love you.”
On Facebook this week several of my friends have posted this list of questions with their kids’ answers. I decided to try it with Micah and here are his answers (without any prompting from me):
Childs Name: Micah
Age: 2 (3 in August)
1. What is something mommy always says to you?
What? I don’t know.
2. What makes mommy happy?
When I go potty on the potty chair.
3. What makes mommy sad?
When I don’t go potty on the potty chair.
4. How does mommy make you laugh?
When she plays with me with my easel.
5. What was mommy like as a child?
You drink from a bottle.
6. How old is mommy?
I don’t know…eight?
7. How tall is mommy?
A little bit big but not all the way to the ceiling.
8. What is mommy’s favorite thing to do?
Play with toys.
9. What does mommy do when you’re not here?
I don’t know.
10. If mommy becomes famous what will it be for?
11. What is mommy really good at?
Playing with me.
12. What is mommy not very good at?
Not playing with me.
13. What is mommy job?
I don’t know. Is it a work day tomorrow?
14. What makes you proud of mommy?
I don’t know.
15. What is mommy’s favourite food?
You finished your dinner! Want to go get a snack because you finished dinner?
16. What do you & mommy do together?
Be happy together.
17. How are you & mommy the same?
We’re not the same. We don’t match.
18. If your mommy was a cartoon character who would she be?
19. How are you & mommy different?
You’re different (points to mama). I’m different (points to himself).
20. How do you know mommy loves you?
Aw! I love you, Mama.
21. What does mommy like best about Daddy?
I don’t know, what?
22. Where is mommy’s favorite place to go?
23. How old was mommy when she had you?
I don’t know. Did you feed me a bottle when I was a baby? Can you show me a picture of me when I was a baby?
“I don’t know the words. I will just read it to you.”
MrH: “What were you and Dada celebrating?”
MrH: “What were you celebrating?”
Dada: “When were we celebrating?”
MrH: “No…what were you celebrating?”
Mama: “What are you talking about, Micah?”
MrH: “I’m talking about what were you celebrating?”
Mama & Dada: “…”
“Did you know you can eat the icing!?”
“Where is a good place to sit down and go potty?”
While Dada was putting up the shower curtain rod in the bathroom (which had fallen down), Micah came into my bedroom.
MrH: “I will protect you, Mama. I will protect you from the loud noises.”
Mama: “Oh that’s so sweet, come give me a hug!”
He came over and stood next to me.
MrH: “I will hold your hand. I will stand right next to you. I will protect you while Dada making loud noises.”
MrH: “Remember when school buses had doors and windows and seats?”